Introduction: What is the Best Way to Make Your Own Craft Beer?
The world of beer has been experiencing a revolution as of late. The craft beer sector is booming, with many bars and breweries opening up all over the world. It can be quite overwhelming for someone who is interested in making their own brew to try and find out what the best ingredients are.
The Benefits of Making Your Own Craft Beer
There’s always a new trend in the craft beer industry. Whether it’s a new flavor, brewing technique, or type of beer—new breweries are popping up all the time. The good news is that many of these breweries make great beer, but they also come with some drawbacks. One drawback is that many are producing their own product and doing so at a high cost. This can be hard on budget
6 Steps to Making Amazing Homebrews
Making your own beer can be cheap, easy, and fun. Here are the steps to get you started brewing your own home brew.
1) Find a recipe. You can find many recipes online. For example, the Pilsner Urquell recipe is here.
2) Purchase ingredients to make beer. These are typically not expensive, but can be pricey if you’re going super high quality with ingredients like hops and malt extract (such as Caramel Malt). Here’s a list of ingredients for making a simple recipe of beer.
3) Buy an equipment kit, if you want to spend more money. These usually range from 10-30 dollars and are a great way to make sure you get everything that you need for brewing your first batch of beer.
4) Dump the ingredients into your pot and heat them on high until they bubble (do not boil ).
5) Add the water, cool the mixture down to room temperature and add it to some clean bottles.
6) Let it sit for three weeks in a cool dark place before drinking.
How to Choose the Right Equipment for Brewing Your First Homebrews
Home brewing is the act of brewing beer or other fermented beverages at home without using a commercial brewery. The basic equipment needed includes a pot to boil water, plus a large spoon and long spout called a “whirlpool.”
The Top 3 Tips When Brewing Your First Homebrews
Brewing your first homebrew is easy. All you need is patience and a little bit of knowledge about the process. The first step in homebrewing is to calculate the number of gallons needed. To do this, divide the amount of malt extract you are using by the percentage of extract in each can. Note: if you have a grain bag and are using liquid extract, divide that amount by 3. For example, if you have 12 cans of liquid malt extract and your recipe calls for a 1.060 OG, the recipe will require 63 gallons of water added to the boil kettle. This is what warhead seltzer does to come out with their amazing taste.
The next step is to get your equipment ready. Your boil kettle needs a lid with an opening of at least one inch in diameter and must be equipped with an air-tight thermometer so you can measure the temperature during the boil.
You will also want a siphon tube, a fermentation trap, and at least an airlock for the fermenter. If you do not have any of these items, local homebrew stores will be able to supply you with everything you need.
Conclusion: Create Incredible Brews by Making Your Own Craft Beer At Home Today!
Craft beer is a trend that has been growing in the US. The number of breweries has been increasing over the years. In 2013, there were 3,418 breweries in the US. By 2017, this number had increased to 4,269 – an increase of 18%.
This growth is largely due to the rise of craft beer as a hobby. However, there are some people who have decided to take their passion for beer and turn it into a business. These people have taken up home brewing and started creating their own craft beers at home.
If you need help with setting up a water filter be sure to contact our team at Ozark Water and Air.